The benefits of a content management solution, and some of the advanced features available.
- Focus On Content
- The Plone Content Management System (CMS) makes it easy for non-technical people to create and publish web pages, news items, event notices, images, and audio and video files. You can focus on publishing the content that is important to your customers and your business, and stop worrying about the technical details of maintaining your website.
- Easily Find Information
- Full text search of your entire website makes it easy for your customers and employees to find what they need. Keyword tagging allows you to categorize your content and group related items, even if they are in different parts of you site. New content is automatically highlighted and linked to on your site's home page for visitors to see.
- Reduce Costs
- A CMS streamlines and standardizes your website, eliminating the need to spend time and money on designing and styling every page and document you publish. Because the Plone CMS is open source, you save money by not paying software license fees. You also don't need web page editing software because Plone applies your site design using templates. Only a web browser and an internet connection are required to update and maintain your website or intranet.
- Improve Access
- New customers and users will be able to find your site easier because Plone is standards compliant, making search engines happy. Plone is also compliant with international and US accessibility standards, so visitors to your website will be able to receive your message even if they are visually or motor impaired.
- Provide RSS feeds for folders, topics and even search results. Provide iCal feeds for individual events and entire calendars. Make it easy for visitors and users to stay current as you publish new content.
- Workflow & Security
- Make your business processes part of the web site. Use workflow to ensure content is reviewed, edited and approved before it is published. Publish documents to private folders and control access through user accounts, groups and roles.
- Translate your site into multiple languages and allow users to choose. Includes Asian languages and characters, and languages which flow right-to-left.
- Products & Customization
- Hundreds of plug-in products are available: forums, blogs, wikis, bug trackers, and more. If you need a solution with custom content types, we can leverage existing products to develop it or quickly create it from scratch.